By the end of this webinar you will:
- Understand what emotional based school refusal is
- Be aware of factors which contribute to emotionally based school refusal
- The anxiety cycle and it’s role in school refusal
- Early warning signs of school refusal
- Push and Pull factors in school refusal
- Considerations when supporting emotionally based school refusal
- Be aware of the role of criticism in EBSA
- Validation versus enabling
- Recognising our own emotions and boundaries
- Strategies to support children who experience emotionally based school refusal
- Be aware of external and wider support
This course includes the following resources:
- Push and Pull Factor Prompts
- EBSA Trigger Exploration
- Reintegration Considerations
- Regulation Activities
- Mental Health Care Plan – Anxiety
Please allow 45-60min to complete this course, depending on your learning style and reading speed.
If you would like a more in-depth understanding of EBSA please be aware that we have a long course available.
This course is validated and endorsed by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists)
This course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service.