When children feel better, they learn better. At Dandelion Training and Development our mission is to improve mental health knowledge and understanding in education and care settings, to ensure that children have the best possible chances.
Early intervention and support improves children’s outcomes. With 1 in 6 children experiencing mental health issues, we know that if education and care staff know more, they can support more effectively.
So, Dandelion offer high quality, current and practical mental health training to parents, early years’ providers, schools and further/higher education facilities.
Supporting children to develop a positive sense of self and mental well-being relies on strong partnerships with all those who care for and work with children and adolescents. Which is why our courses are focussed on:
Introductions to the Author
Nicky brings to Dandelion Training and Development over 20 years of experience in education and therapy. Her passion is child and adolescent mental health, focussing on supporting young people, parents and professionals to promote emotional literacy and resilience. She utilises neuroscience and traditional therapeutic methods to support young people to manage their mental health.
Her experience includes:
- Working as an Early Years Professional and manager in nurseries, SureStart Centres, creches and early years chains.
- Positions as an early years advisor and inspector.
- Lecturing Level 1, 2, 3 early years, health and social care and public service courses in the Further Education sector.
- Lecturing on the Foundation Degree in Early Years.
- Since 2014, she has worked as a child and adolescent therapist, supporting young people and their parents to navigate their mental health journeys.
- The author of the Adventures of Brian Children’s Books, a children’s story book collection to support children to develop emotional literacy skills.
- She is currently studying an MSc in Psychology and Neuroscience of Mental Health with Kings College University.
Every month, new courses and resources are added to our course page and shop to offer an extensive support network to parents and professionals who want to provide the best quality interactions, care and mental health support to children from the early years to adulthood.