When children feel better, they learn better. At Dandelion Training and Development our mission is to improve mental health knowledge and understanding in education and care settings, to ensure that children have the best possible chances.
Early intervention and support improves children’s outcomes. With 1 in 6 children experiencing mental health issues, we know that if education and care staff know more, they can support more effectively.
So, Dandelion offer high quality, current and practical mental health training to parents, early years’ providers, schools and further/higher education facilities.
Supporting children to develop a positive sense of self and mental well-being relies on strong partnerships with all those who care for and work with children and adolescents. Which is why our courses are focussed on:
Introductions to the Author
Nicky brings to Dandelion Training and Development over 20 years of experience in education and therapy. Her passion is child and adolescent mental health, focussing on supporting young people, parents and professionals to promote emotional literacy and resilience. She utilises neuroscience and traditional therapeutic methods to support young people to manage their mental health.
Her experience includes:
- Working as an Early Years Professional and manager in nurseries, SureStart Centres, creches and early years chains.
- Positions as an early years advisor and inspector.
- Lecturing Level 1, 2, 3 early years, health and social care and public service courses in the Further Education sector.
- Lecturing on the Foundation Degree in Early Years.
- Since 2014, she has worked as a child and adolescent therapist, supporting young people and their parents to navigate their mental health journeys.
- The author of the Adventures of Brian Children’s Books, a children’s story book collection to support children to develop emotional literacy skills.
- She has just finished studying for her Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology and Neuroscience of Mental Health with Kings College University.
Having committed the last 10 years to mental health support, Nicky developed Dandelion Training and Development with a desire to make a valuable difference to children. To move out of the current system of ‘ticking boxes’ and instead change attitudes and approaches, so that children receive more effective and faster mental health support. Too many children are left too long, or failed by long waiting lists, and worst case scenarios being caught in a trap of attendance monitoring when they require effective support to enhance their emotional literacy and respond to their mental health needs with compassion. At Dandelion Training, children are at the centre of all that we do. In our qualifications, practitioners learn the WHY to support the HOW, allowing them to become exceptional resources and supporters to those who want to enhance their well-being.
- ADHD in the Therapy Room (2022)
- Advanced Course in Working with Trans and Gender Diverse Clients (2022)
- Neuroanalysis (2022)
- Postgraduate Diploma Psychology of Neuroscience and Psychology of Mental Health (2022)
- NICABM – How to work with a client’s perfectionism (2021)
- Post Graduate Certificate of Psychology and Neuroscience of Mental Health (2021)
- BWRT Generation Z (2021)
- Level 2 – CBT for Non-Suicidal Injury (2021)
- NCFE Understanding Autism (2020)
- Introduction to Adverse Childhood Experiences and Early Trauma (2020)
- Cache Level 2 Child and Young People’s Mental Health (2020)
- Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (2020)
- Autism Awareness (2020)
- Autism, stress and Anxiety (2020)
- ADHD Awareness (2020)
- Trauma Basics for Youth Workers (2020)
- BluePrint (2020)
- Treating Children with Tics and Tourettes (2019)
- Lego Based Therapy Practitioner (2018)
- OldPain2Go (2017)
- Reiki Level 2 (2017)
- Reiki level 1 (2017)
- BWRT Level 2 Advanced Practitioner (2016)
- BWRT Level 1 (2016)
- Diploma in Life Coaching (2015)
- Advanced Practitioner Eating Disorders (2015)
- Diploma in Hypnobirthing (2015)
- Advanced Diploma in NLP (February 2015)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy for Children (December 2014)
- Advanced Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis (October 2014)
- Diploma in Virtual Gastric Band Hypnosis (September 2014)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills (May 2014)
- Introduction to Counselling (2012)
- Level 4 Obesity and Diabetes Management (2010)
- Level 3 (Active IQ) Diploma in Personal Training (2009)
- Level 3 (Active IQ) Certificate in Exercise Prescription for Pre and Post Natal Clients
- Level 2 (Active IQ) Certificate in Gym Instruction
- Level 2: Health Related Exercise Instruction for Children
- Advanced Certificate in Nutrition for Weight Management
- Ba (Hons) Professional Studies of Learning and Development (2009)
- Early Years Professional Status (awarded February 2009) – Level 6
- Certificate of Education (2007) – Level 5
- EZL124 Supporting Children’s Learning in the Early Years (October 2007)
- ED209 Child Development (December 2004)
- E123 Working with Children in the Early Years (January 2003)
- City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 – Early Years Care and Education
Every month, new courses and resources are added to our course page and shop to offer an extensive support network to parents and professionals who want to provide the best quality interactions, care and mental health support to children from the early years to adulthood.
Dandelion Training and Development offer theoretical training for professionals working with children and young people. Our professional courses are accredited by the CPD agency and certificates carry their logo. Please note that these courses do not offer CPD points.
All of our courses are also validated and endorsed by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists), our certificates all hold their professional logos.