Level 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Coaching Practitioner
Are you passionate about child mental health?
Are you ready for a career change?
Looking to enhance your current career?
Do you want to support children with their mental health?
Do you frequently think ‘we should be doing more’ but don’t know where
Then the Level 4 Diploma in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Coaching could be just what you are looking for.
Join us over 10 months as we explore 21 modules surrounding child and adolescent mental health and coaching.
In this accredited Level 4 Diploma you will develop the skills and knowledge to support children and adolescents to navigate their mental health through a number of different issues. Help them to build their emotional resilience, enhance their understanding of their own minds and emotions and learn to regulate and manage their own mental well-being.
Your qualification will see you complete 21 modules, in a blend of home learning and one face to face session per month, to support you to develop the skills and knowledge to become a child and adolescent mental health coach.
A flexible training approach, you’ll work through a blend of 10 x 1 day face to face training sessions, alongside home learning, combining reading, videos and tutor marked assignments or assessments.
Your studies will see you cover modules on:
- Unit 1 – Child Development
- Unit 2 – Brain Development
- Unit 3 – Attachment
- Unit 4 – Psychopathology
- Unit 5 – Trauma and its impact on mental health
- Unit 6 – SEND & Neurodiversity
- Unit 7 – Developing Emotional literacy and well-being
- Unit 8 – Mental Health in Education
- Unit 9 – Safeguarding & Health & Safety
- Unit 10 – Impact of technology on mental health
- Unit 11 – Therapeutic Skills
- Unit 12 – Coaching
- Unit 13 – Working with parents
- Unit 14 – Working with Children
- Unit 15 – Goal Setting
- Unit 16 – Supporting Regulation of Children
- Unit 17 – Boundaries
- Unit 18 – Behaviour
- Unit 19 – Positive Psychology & Coaching Approaches
- Unit 20 – Classroom Strategies
- Unit 21 – Working Practices
Are you ready to make a difference to children?
How does it work?
Your course is a blended learning approach. This means that you will have self-study alongside class sessions once a month, with a commitment of around 15-20 hours per month (depending on learning speed). You will complete an assessment for each module, ranging from essays, quizzes and developing therapeutic materials, as well as three case studies at the end of your course.
The course is fully accredited with the ACCPH and insurable.
The Level 4 Diploma commences on Monday 5th September 2022
The class sessions are hosted at Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel, 18-23 Tinsley Lane South, Three Bridges, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 8XH
Sunday 18th September 2022
Sunday 16th October 2022
Sunday 20th November 2022
Sunday 18th December 2022
Sunday 15th January 2023
Sunday 12th February 2023
Sunday 12th March 2023
Sunday 16th April 2023
Sunday 14th May 2023
Sunday 11th June 2023
Class dates are compulsory and are a requirement of your qualification. These offer important opportunities to practice skills, gain insight into your qualification and build confidence in your coaching abilities.
You are able to postpone a session to a new teaching cohort, please note that this may delay certification.
In addition to your Level 4 Diploma, you will have access to bonus materials worth over £300
- Level 2 Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate
- Level 2 Understanding and Supporting Grief and Bereavement Certificate
- Introduction to Risks and Challenges in Childhood and Adolescence
- Understanding and Supporting Emotionally School Based Avoidance
- Understanding and Supporting Self-Harm or Understanding and Supporting OCD
- Plus – a pack of emotional literacy resources received on your first course date
The Level 4 course costs £2250, which is payable in full or by instalment. A non-refundable but transferable deposit of £195 will be paid to secure your place.
EARLY BIRD Offer – Those learners paying for their course in full before Sunday 31st July 2022 can claim an early bird offer of £1970
By instalment – Option #1 – you will pay a deposit of £195 and then 10 instalments of £205.50 a month. This is set up by direct debit and you receive a receipt each month for the transaction.
By instalment – Option #2 – you will pay a deposit of £195 and then 15 instalments of £137 a month. This is set up by direct debit and you receive a receipt each month for the transaction. Your certificate is released on receipt of the last payment.
Please note, discount codes are not eligible against this course.
Applications open – 3rd June 2022
Early Bird Offer Ends – 31st July 2022
Applications Close – Sunday 28th August 2022