Level 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Coaching Practitioner
Are you passionate about child mental health?
Are you ready for a career change?
Looking to enhance your current career?
Do you want to support children with their mental health?
Do you frequently think ‘we should be doing more’ but don’t know where
Then our Level 4 Diploma in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Coaching could be just what you are looking for.
Join us over 10 months as we explore 21 modules surrounding child and adolescent mental health and coaching.
In this accredited Level 4 Diploma you will develop the skills and knowledge to support children and adolescents to navigate their mental health through a number of different issues. Help them to build their emotional resilience, enhance their understanding of their own minds and emotions and learn to regulate and manage their own mental well-being.
Your qualification will see you complete 21 modules, in a blend of home learning and one face to face session per month, to support you to develop the skills and knowledge to become a child and adolescent mental health coach.
A flexible training approach, you’ll work through a blend of 10 x 1 day face to face training sessions, alongside home learning, combining reading, videos and tutor marked assignments or assessments.
Your studies will see you cover modules on:
- Unit 1 – Child Development
- Unit 2 – Brain Development
- Unit 3 – Attachment
- Unit 4 – Psychopathology
- Unit 5 – Trauma and its impact on mental health
- Unit 6 – SEND & Neurodiversity
- Unit 7 – Developing Emotional literacy and well-being
- Unit 8 – Mental Health in Education
- Unit 9 – Safeguarding & Health & Safety
- Unit 10 – Impact of technology on mental health
- Unit 11 – Therapeutic Skills
- Unit 12 – Coaching
- Unit 13 – Working with parents
- Unit 14 – Working with Children
- Unit 15 – Goal Setting
- Unit 16 – Supporting Regulation of Children
- Unit 17 – Boundaries
- Unit 18 – Behaviour
- Unit 19 – Positive Psychology & Coaching Approaches
- Unit 20 – Classroom Strategies
- Unit 21 – Working Practices
Are you ready to make a difference to children?
- The differences between child and adult mental health
- How children’s brains respond to stress and anxiety
- Understand the physiology of different mental health issues
- Real life strategies to support children
- Activities to support children to develop strong emotional literacy
- Skills in eliciting information from children to support their mental health from 5 to 19 years old
- How to support children to develop regulation skills
Is 2023 your time to change the support available?
How does it work?
Your course is a blended learning approach. This means that you will have self-study alongside class sessions once a month, with a commitment of around 15-20 hours per month (depending on learning speed). You will complete an assessment for each module, ranging from essays, quizzes and developing therapeutic materials, as well as 60 hours of practice and three case studies at the end of your course.
The Level 4 Diploma is NOT offered as an online course. To complete the course the face to face sessions must be attended.
Is the qualification recognised?
Yes. The Level 4 Diploma is accredited and regulated by both the ACCPH and also the International Authority of Professional Coaches and Mentors. This ensures the standards of content and provision of course materials and tutors.
On completion of your qualification, you can register to be regulated by the ACCPH and IAPC&M and insured through Holistic Insurance to work as a registered child and adolescent coach.
In addition to your Level 4 Diploma, you will have access to bonus materials worth over £300
- Level 2 Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate
- Level 2 Understanding and Supporting Grief and Bereavement Certificate
- Introduction to Risks and Challenges in Childhood and Adolescence
- Understanding and Supporting Emotionally Based School Avoidance
- Understanding and Supporting Self-Harm
- Plus – a pack of emotional literacy resources received on your first course date
Please note, discount codes are not eligible against this course.
The next Level 4 Course will run in September 2023
The course is hosted at the Sandman Signature Hotel, 18-23 Tinsley Lane South, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 8XH
To be first to find out our next application dates, register below for our Level 4 updates: