In this two-part course for parents, you will explore both the concepts of anxiety and strategies to support children and adolescents.
In part one, you will:
- Understand what anxiety is
- Understand what creates anxiety in the brain
- Know the purpose of adrenaline and cortisol and their role in anxiety
- Know factors which can contribute to anxiety in children
- Know the different types of anxiety that can affect children
- Recognise signs and symptoms that indicate a child may be experiencing anxiety
- Understand how anxiety can impact children’s lives
In part two, you will:
- Recognise information that can help your child access support
- Know core strategies to implement in your home
- Be aware of wider strategies to implement in your home to support anxiety
- Know sign posting avenues to support those with anxiety
- Child Anxiety Resource Pack
- Child Mental Health Care Plan – Anxiety
- Regulation Colouring Sheet
Please allow 90min – 2 hours to complete this course, depending on your learning style and reading speed.
This course is validated and endorsed by the ACCPH.