In this two-part course for professionals, you will explore both the concept of stress and strategies to support children and adolescents.
In part one, you will:
- Understand what stress is
- Understand what creates stress in the body and brain
- Understand Fight Flight Response and General Adaptation Syndrome
- Know the purpose of cortisol and adrenaline
- Understand the concept of ‘fight and flight’ and ‘rest and relax’
- Know the different types of stress that can affect children and their purpose
- Know factors which can contribute to stress in children
- Recognise signs and symptoms that indicate a child may be experiencing stress
- Understand how stress can impact children’s lives
- Know where to access help and support
In part two you will:
- Recognise information that you need to collect from children and their parents about stress and triggers
- Know core strategies to implement in your setting
- Be aware of wider strategies to implement in your setting to support children to regulate their emotions
- Know strategies to share with parents to support stress at home
- Know sign-posting avenues to support those with high-stress levels
- Child Mental Health Care Plan – Stress
- Parent Stress Workbook
- Brian’s Exploring Feelings Workbook
Please allow 90min – 2 hours to complete this course, depending on your learning style and reading speed.
This course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service and it’s certificate bears its logo as meeting the professional standards for CPD accreditation.
This course is also validated and endorsed by the ACCPH.