In this two part course, for professionals, you will explore both the concepts of anxiety and strategies to support adolescents.
In part one, you will:
- Understand what anxiety is
- Understand what creates anxiety in the brain
- Know the purpose of adrenaline and cortisol and their role in anxiety
- Know factors which can contribute to anxiety in children
- Know the different types of anxiety that can affect children
- Recognise signs and symptoms that indicate a child may be experiencing anxiety
- Understand how anxiety can impact children’s lives
In part two, you will:
- Recognise information that you need to collect from children and their parents about their anxiety
- Know core strategies to implement in your setting
- Be aware of wider strategies to implement in your setting to support anxiety
- Know strategies to share with parents to support anxiety at home
- Know sign posting avenues to support those with anxiety
- Child Anxiety Resource Pack
- Child Mental Health Care Plan – Anxiety
Please allow 90min – 2 hours to complete this course, depending on your learning style and reading speed.
This course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service and it’s certificate bears its logo as meeting the professional standards for CPD accreditation.
This course is also validated and endorsed by the ACCPH.
Dandelion Training and Development offer theoretical training for professionals working with children and young people. Our professional courses are accredited by the CPD agency and certificates carry their logo. Please note that these courses do not offer CPD points.
All of our courses are also validated and endorsed by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists), our certificates all hold their professional logos.