What am I feeling?
A step of emotional literacy development is being able to recognise what our emotions are. In order to do this, we first need to consider their names and what they feel like. For children, this often starts with knowing what the facial imagery is that goes with each feeling. So, this week, we are sharing a simple worksheet to share with children to look at some initial feelings which we regularly experience.
- Download the worksheet here
- Collect coloured pencils / pens
- Discuss what each feeling is
- Consider what our faces might look like (you may want a mirror)
- Draw the faces onto the images
- Think about something that makes us feel each emotion
© Dandelion Training and Development – All Rights Reserved
For more articles about mental health visit – HERE
To learn more about child and adolescent mental health visit – HERE
For resources to support child and adolescent mental health visit – HERE