In this two-part course for professionals, you will explore both the concepts of anxiety and strategies to support children in the early years.
In part one, you will:
- Understand what anxiety is
- Understand what creates anxiety in the brain
- Know the purpose of adrenaline and cortisol and their role in anxiety
- Know factors which can contribute to anxiety in children
- Know the different types of anxiety that can affect children
- Recognise signs and symptoms that indicate a child may be experiencing anxiety
- Understand how anxiety can impact children’s lives
In part two, you will:
- Recognise information that you need to collect from children and their parents about their anxiety
- Know core strategies to implement in your setting
- Be aware of wider strategies to implement in your setting to support anxiety
- Know strategies to share with parents to support anxiety at home
- Know sign-posting avenues to support those with anxiety
- Child Anxiety Resource Pack
- Child Mental Health Care Plan – Anxiety
- Regulation Colouring Sheet
Please allow 90min – 2 hours to complete this course, depending on your learning style and reading speed.
This course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service and its certificate bears its logo as meeting the professional standards for CPD accreditation.
This course is also validated and endorsed by the ACCPH.