By the end of this online course, you will….
- Be able to define domestic violence and the different presentations of domestic violence
- Be aware of statistics that represent the effects of domestic violence and abuse
- Be able to dispel common myths relative to domestic violence
- Understand the different signs of domestic violence
- Be aware of what causes domestic violence
- Recognise how domestic violence affects men
- Be aware of indicators of domestic violence
- Know traits of abusers
- Be aware of the cycle of violence and its role in domestic abuse
- Be aware of the toxic trio concept and its role in domestic violence
- Be aware of the role of cognitive dissonance in domestic violence
- Understand the legislation related to domestic violence
- Know how to respond to domestic violence concerns and disclosures
- Be aware of the importance of validating disclosures of domestic violence
- Know the support networks for domestic violence disclosures
- Understand the importance of recording domestic violence and safeguarding concerns
Please allow around 90min to complete this course, depending on your learning style and reading speed.
This course is validated and endorsed by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists) and the CPD Certification Service. Certificates hold both logos.