In this two-part course for professionals, you will explore both the concept of separation anxiety and strategies to support children in the early years.
In part one you will:
- Understand what separation anxiety is
- Understand developmental norms and separation anxiety
- Know the three stages of separation anxiety
- Understand what causes separation anxiety
- Know factors which can contribute to separation anxiety in children
- Recognise signs and symptoms that indicate a child may be experiencing separation anxiety
- Understand how separation anxiety can impact children’s lives
In part two you will:
- Recognise information that you need to collect from children and their parents about their separation anxiety
- Know core strategies to implement in your setting
- Be aware of wider strategies to implement in your setting to support separation anxiety
- Know strategies to share with parents to support separation anxiety at home
- Know sign-posting avenues to support those with anxiety
- Brian’s Separation Anxiety Workbook
- Anxiety Resource Pack
- Child Mental Health Care Plan – Anxiety
- Regulation Colouring Sheet
Please allow 90min – 2 hours to complete this course, depending on your learning style and reading speed.
This course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service and its certificate holds its logo as meeting the professional standards for CPD accreditation.
This course is validated and endorsed by the ACCPH and the certificate holds its logo.