In this two-part course for parents, you will explore both the concept of separation anxiety and strategies to support children.
In part one you will:
- Understand what separation anxiety is
- Understand developmental norms and separation anxiety
- Know the three stages of separation anxiety
- Understand what causes separation anxiety
- Know factors which can contribute to separation anxiety in children
- Recognise signs and symptoms that indicate a child may be experiencing separation anxiety
- Understand how separation anxiety can impact children’s lives
In part two you will:
- Recognise information that you need to provide your setting about your child’s separation anxiety
- Know core strategies to implement to support your child
- Be aware of wider strategies to implement to support separation anxiety
- Know sign-posting avenues to support those with anxiety
This course also includes:
- Brian’s Separation Anxiety Workbook
- Child Anxiety Parent Pack
- Mental Health Care Plan – Supporting Anxiety
- Regulation Colouring Sheet
Please allow 90min – 2 hours to complete this course, depending on your learning style and reading speed.
This course is validated and endorsed by the ACCPH and the certificate holds its logo.