Finding effective ways to respond to our feelings supports children to develop their confidence, self-esteem and independence skills. When we are able to effectively react when our emotions feel overwhelming, we also build resilience. So, this week we are sharing 16 coping skills, to share and explore with children, to support them to build their toolbox.
16 Coping Strategies
- Download the worksheet here
- Review each strategy with children
- Identify which ones you will test first
- Work through and circle the ones which are most effective
- Extend – Identify which emotions each strategy is most effective for
Want to learn more?
© Dandelion Training and Development – All Rights Reserved
For more articles about mental health visit – ARTICLES
To learn more about child and adolescent mental health visit – COURSES
For resources to support child and adolescent mental health visit –RESOURCES