In recent years, research into the power of gratitude has identified the importance that this practice has on our sense of happiness and well-being. When we practice gratitude consistently, and over time, we can train our brain to focus on what is going well, and develop a sense of optimism.
It has been found, that gratitude boosts serotonin and activates the brain stem, which produces dopamine.
Supporting children to practice gratitude helps them to boost self-esteem, positivity and well-being. So, we are sharing a gratitude diary you can download and start today!
- Download the gratitude diary here
- Discuss with children the concept of gratitude
- Explore different things that we are grateful for
- Each day, write down three gratitudes
- Aim for different things each day – no matter how great or small
- Target – Complete a minimum of 21 days and review the impact on outlook and mindset
Want to learn more?
© Dandelion Training and Development – All Rights Reserved
For more articles about mental health visit – ARTICLES
To learn more about child and adolescent mental health visit – COURSES
For resources to support child and adolescent mental health visit –RESOURCES