What am I feeling?
Children develop their emotional skills through play, interactions and exploration. So, what better way to explore feelings than through a game?
What to do?
- Download the activity sheet here
- In small groups, take it in turns to move counters round the grid and talk about what each situation makes you feel
- Give time to think through answers and encourage children ‘what else can you tell me?’
- Alternative – You can number the squares and roll dice to randomly select them
- Extend it – talk about HOW the feelings move – fast/slow , where in the body?
Want to learn more?
© Dandelion Training and Development – All Rights Reserved
For more articles about mental health visit – ARTICLES
To learn more about child and adolescent mental health visit – COURSES
For resources to support child and adolescent mental health visit –RESOURCES