Learning breathing techniques as part of our day is a perfect way to:
- calm the central nervous system
- reduce stress
- lower your heart rate
- regulate emotional responses
- increases energy
- improves digestion
Bubble breathing is a great activity to teach children to help them reduce their own stress. Bubble breathing is a simple and effective strategy which uses our imagination as well as calming the central nervous system.
You may also want to look at our hand breathing activity (find it here).
Bubble Breathing Steps:
- Sit comfortably
- Imagine you have a wand to blow bubble with
- Take a deep breath in through the nose
- Slowly breathe out through the mouth pretending to blow through the wand to make magical bubbles
- Repeat as desired
Looking for more?
Don’t forget that you can register and subscribe to our newsletter to receive weekly articles and resources.
For more articles about mental health visit – HERE
To learn more about child and adolescent mental health visit – HERE
For resources to support child and adolescent mental health visit – HERE
© Dandelion Training and Development – All Rights Reserved